Provincial Vaccine Order & Youth Indoor Soccer
Hello WYSA Families,
We have received clarification from The Province of BC and the City of West Kelowna about the new provincial order for proof of vaccination for various indoor spaces.
Please be aware that WYSA does not have options with these new Provincial orders, refusal on our part to uphold the current BC law would mean no indoor soccer for any children.
If you have issues with the Provincial orders please contact and direct your concerns to your local MLA or Provincial body.
New Dome Entry Requirements as of September 13th, 2021
- Players 21 years and younger and all essential personnel (coaches, volunteers, instructors, referees and parents required to youth participants) will not need to provide proof of vaccination to participate in league or training.
- All spectators 12 and older will need to show proof of vaccination before entering the dome. Adults 21+ will also need to provide photo ID when screened
Last year we successfully ran our indoor sessions with no spectators so please be assured if you need to drop off your children, they will be safe and have fun.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Thursday, Sept. 30, 2021
In response to stopping the continued spread of COVID-19, effective today, the Province of BC requires that people show proof of vaccination to participate or attend non-essential indoor programs and events in City facilities.
Adults 22 years of age and up are required to show their BC Vaccine Card and provincial government photo ID to access City recreation facilities, including all indoor areas such as lobbies, lounges, program rooms, gyms, fitness studios, pools, and rinks. Youth spectators 12 to 21 years will be required to show their BC Vaccine Card; no provincial photo ID is needed.
Please refer to westkelownacity.ca/covid-19
for a complete list of facilities and recreation programs affected and be prepared to show proof of vaccination on arrival.
As we comply with the recent Provincial Health Orders and WorkSafeBC regulations, we appreciate the cooperation of attendees, participants and spectators with City staff and contractors.
Attending recreation programs/events, proof of vaccine requirements
Please respect our staff as they must follow these specific requirements:
Vaccine cards and provincial photo ID, indicating proof of full vaccination (two doses), are required as of Oct. 1, 2021 to enter Jim Lind Arena and Royal LePage Place, as follows:
- Adults 22 years of age and up are required to show their vaccine card, with proof of full vaccinations (two doses), and provincial government photo ID to access City recreation facilities
- Including all indoor areas such as lobbies, lounges, program rooms, gyms, fitness studios, and rinks
- Youth spectators 12 to 21 years will be required to show their BC Vaccine Card, with proof of full vaccinations (two doses); no provincial photo ID is needed for those 18 and younger
- Maximum facility capacity increases to 50 per cent
Exceptions to the vaccine card rule include:
- Children ages 11 and younger
- Recreation participants 21 years and younger
- Parents required to support youth participants
- Operationally essential personnel such as coaches, teachers, instructors, referees, etc.
- Stay home if you are sick
- Wear masks indoors when not in the field of play
- Sanitize hands when entering and leaving our facilities and programs
- Maintain safe social distancing
We will remain flexible and work together with the community over the weeks and months ahead to implement all Provincial Health Orders. Please help us keep our programs running and facilities operating safely without interruption in response to COVID-19, and to keep our community safe.