2021 Soccer League Info
Hello WYSA Families,
We have been swamped with requests for league information for the upcoming 2021 outdoor season. As we are all abundantly aware Covid19 restrictions are still with us and will continue to be come April. We are optimistic viaSport will move us into Phase 3 Sport by the start of outdoor soccer, which means we will be able to have slightly modified practices/games within a cohort system.
Right now, we cannot confirm any schedules until we have stopped registration and confirmed player numbers in each age group. Many age groups have already been capped so please register ASAP and if there is a waitlist register your child onto it so they have a chance for a spot.
While we cannot guarantee any schedules, at this point, this is what we are tentatively organizing based on current Covid-19 information (changes can and likely will happen closer to the April start):
- Covid-19 restrictions include a maximum of 50 people per field at a time so no parents on the field for U8-U18. Each cohort may have 4 teams or a maximum of 50 people, not to exceed the 50 person per field maximum
- All ages will be separated by gender. Some female ages may be combined to reach the 50 person cohorts.
- U5/6 & U18 play April - June; U7-U16 play April - June, summer break, September - October.
- U5/6-U10 will practice and play games in West Kelowna only, no club-to-club play unless Covid-19 rules change.
- U11-U18 will practice in West Kelowna and potentially play games against the other clubs in 4 team cohorts (Westside, Kelowna, Mission, Rutland & Lake Country).
- U5/6 & U7 ages will practice and play games once a week, same format as Fall 2020: 40 minute practice followed by a 40 minute game (approx. time at the field 1.5hr). There will be 1 parent per child allowed on the field which means we can only have 25 players per group/field. Currently these age groups are scheduled to play at CNB middle school 5-6:30pm; nights have not been assigned yet but will be between Monday - Thursday.
- U8 - U10 ages will practice once a week and play games on Saturdays. No parents or spectators will be allowed on the fields so that we can maximize the number of children playing. No fields/days/times have been assigned yet.
- U11-U16 ages will practice 1-2x per week and play games on Saturdays.
- U18 will play games mid week (no practices) currently we do not have enough player interest to field a boy’s or girl’s team. If registration picks up for the 2004/2003 players, we will form teams otherwise we will help interested players find an adult team to play on.
We thank you for your patience with all of the unknowns and potential changes that another Covid-19 regulated season is bringing us!! We are doing our best to get as many children as possible out onto the field this spring, no matter what the format is!!